As a result of our continuing growth, Rhombus Energy Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for a results-oriented and driven ELECTRICAL or SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our Engineering Team in our Dearborn, MI location.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the ELECTRICAL or SOFTWARE ENGINEER is responsible for hardware design, software development and product development of power conversion systems ranging from 2kW up to 1MW in the renewable energy and test equipment industries.
Our ideal candidate is a true team player as well as a precise and thoughtful communicator that is adept in a multi-cultural environment and will interface with our San Diego engineering and on as needed basis with our team in India.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Apply knowledge of power electronics, software and controls towards the design of Rhombus’s power conversion products
- Design, develop and test embedded control software for power converter applications based on ST and TI microcontroller DSP’s
- Develop and implement Customer requested requirements into electronic circuits and control boards to make functions available for use
- Design and develop computer control software to using CAN (computer area network) MODBUS and other messaging control and communication protocols
- Attain thorough knowledge of National Instruments LabWindows base software platform
- Design, develop and test Graphic User Interface (GUI) software
- Build and test the hardware circuits required for CAN and MODBUS communications
- Conduct electrical wiring tests at low voltage and high voltage levels
- Design and Develop the facility and power conversion setup to conduct certification tests for electrical equipment
- Work closely with technicians and other engineers to identify equipment necessary for testing
- Record test outputs and prepare a report explain the test procedures, data and test results
- Review and contribute to technical documentation as needed
- Operate electrical instrumentation meters, signaling and data collection systems
- Maintain most recent knowledge and training on software tools
- Develop simulation models using various software tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, PSIM etc.
MINIMUM REQUIRED credentials & experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in ELECTRICAL or SOFTWARE Engineering
- Expert or proficient in C-programming language
- Knowledge/usage of MATLAB, Simulink, PSIM
- Minimum 4 years applicable experience
- Embedded software programming with a 2 years experience
- Excellence in English (written and verbal communication)
Desirable experience but not required:
- Knowledge of basic control loop implementation
- Experience with power electronics requirements per international regulatory and product safety standards including UL1741 and IEEE 1547.
- Knowledge of Signal conditioning, Sampling, and Digital Signal Analysis
- Well-rounded knowledge of power electronics and power systems
Rhombus Energy Solutions is a growing company with a results-oriented culture that compels excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Rhombus offers a total compensation package that is competitive and includes
paid vacation and Federal holidays, 401(k) plan, medical, dental & vision insurance. Candidates wishing to apply should send their resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org