As a result of our continuing growth, Rhombus Energy Solutions, Inc. has an opportunity for a results-oriented and driven MECHATRONICS ENGINEER to join our Engineering Team in our Dearborn, MI location.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering & GM, the MECHATRONICS ENGINEER is responsible for electrical/mechanical packaging, 3-D product modeling, product & supplier documentation, BOM integrity, and configuration management for production. In addition, this position will be responsible for conducting thermal studies and analysis to optimize cooling for power electronics semiconductors and supporting assembly builds.
Our ideal candidate is a true team player as well as a precise and thoughtful communicator that is adept in a multi-cultural environment. This position will interface daily with our Design Center in India and our San Diego engineering team while operating together with our team in Dearborn, MI.
Key Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, and finished products.
- Contribute to the develop 30kW to 500kW AC/DC, DC/AC and DC/DC power converters from concept to final products, using state-of-the-art digital power conversion topologies to achieve high efficiency, high power density and high performance.
- As a member of the Research and Development team you will be able to research and evaluate the feasibility of new technologies and approve and provide direction on the modern topologies to be used in these new products.
- Manage technical aspects of projects by monitoring and managing project scope, plan and cost in order to achieve successful project completion.
- Provide strong technical leadership to resolve complex technical challenges.
- Lead engineering programs on a path of continual improvement; developing and improving standards and procedures to ensure we remain a leader in our industry.
- Develop and execute design verification testing, design evaluation, design margins, FMEA and analysis of product performance to meet electrical specifications and regulatory compliance.
- Perform design revisions and updates on new and existing products and assists in transferring designs to manufacturing, ensuring reliable and cost-effective production.
- Develop and/or check and approve product lifecycle documents such as project charter, plan, concept design, product specification, schematics, PCB files, BOMS, design verification and validation test reports.
REQUIRED credentials & experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Expert knowledge/usage of SolidWorks
- Minimum 4 years applicable experience
- Excellence in English (written and verbal communication)
Desirable experience but not required:
- Knowledge of Altium
- Experience with power electronics requirements per international regulatory and product safety standards.
- Knowledge of Signal conditioning, Sampling, and Digital Signal Analysis, and thermal design.
- Well-rounded knowledge of power electronics design, including mechanical packaging, heatsink design, airflow, and high power density experience.
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing process including assembly.
Rhombus Energy Solutions is a growing company with a results-oriented culture that compels excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Rhombus offers a total compensation package that is competitive and includes
paid vacation and Federal holidays, 401(k) plan, medical, dental & vision insurance. Candidates wishing to apply should send their resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org