As a result of our continuing growth, Rhombus Energy Solutions, Inc. Rhombus is seeking a seasoned, results-oriented, and self-motivated individual with Power Electronics and Firmware design experience to join our engineering team. This position will report to the VP of Engineering and will be a member of the development team working on advanced high-power energy storage bi-directional inverters ranging from 20kW to 1MW. The candidate will perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to hardware and firmware design, analysis, modeling, simulation, code base development, debugging, testing, and validation of prototypes.
Our ideal candidate is a true team player as well as a precise and thoughtful communicator that is adept in a multi-cultural environment. This position will interface daily with our Design Center in India and our San Diego engineering team while operating together with our team in Dearborn, MI.
REQUIRED credentials & experience:
MSEE; minimum 36 months of experience as a power electronics and controls engineer designing and developing high voltage power electrical generation equipment using renewable energy sources such as solar and battery including the following:
- Design of power converter circuits and control loop design.
- Working with of Texas Instruments C200 DSP and ST Micro DSPs.
- Working with and meeting safety and compliance standards such as UL1741SA, IEEE1547 and UL2231.
- Working knowledge of communication protocols such CAN bus (standard/extended), UART, Modbus and its software implementation on DSP.
- Working with lab equipment such as Digital Oscilloscopes, Grid Simulators, and Di-electric Testers.
- Tuning control loops using Bode Analyzers
- Working knowledge of electric schematic capture tools and PCB design tools
- Working with wide band gap devices like Silicon Carbide (SiC). Analytical capability to resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink and PSIM simulations from coursework or experience.
- Must have ability to utilize C language programming.
- Expert knowledge/usage of Simulink / Matlab
- Minimum 8 years applicable experience
- Experienced with DSP TI microcontrollers / architectures
- Experienced with C code development for Power Electronics applications
- Experienced with CAN, I2C, RS485, RS232 communication hardware and firmware.
- Experience with EEPROMs, Analog to Digital Converters, Digital to Analog Converters, op amp-based analog signal conditioning circuitry and the interfacing of these circuitry to a DSP or microcontroller
- Experienced in the use and application of Z-domain and S-domain analysis to optimize digital and analog control loops
- Experienced with firmware-based phase-locked loops, RTOs or kernel
- Ability to derive a system-level firmware architecture based on system and board-level schematics
- Technical with strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly digest and understand FW codes and HW designs originated by others and the willingness to assume full ownership
- Highly proactive and has an inherent sense of urgency on all tasks presented
- Demonstrated ability to complete product from conception, development to production.
- Working knowledge of Windows based application software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Spice, Mathcad, Altium, SolidWorks
Rhombus Energy Solutions is a growing company with a results-oriented culture that compels excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Rhombus offers a total compensation package that is competitive and includes: paid vacation and Federal holidays, 401(k) plan, medical, dental & vision insurance. Candidates wishing to apply should send their resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to email@example.com